One of the great news introduced in the 3.0 version is the new planner, which replaces the old class journal. The new planner is much more powerful than the class journal, with many features to create class programmes and follow up the courses, as well as modify them accordingly day by day.
NOTE: Although you can use the planner in all the platforms, we recommend that, especially to create the planning, you use the web version. It is much more practical and swift than the rest, since it can be used with the benefits of the computer.
There are two ways to access the planning: from inside a group, where we will view the planning of all the courses of this group, and from the main menu, where we will view the planning of all the groups at the same time.
The planning includes 2 different views: by week and by units. The first one allows you to view the courses of the current week and to navigate to past and next weeks, while the second option allows you to see all the courses lineally and to create new units to group various sessions.
With the engine button, located in the upper right corner of the screen, you can configure the planning template you want to use for each group. We suggest by default a template with objectives, activities, resources and observations, but it is important to configure it so that it suits your needs.
NOTE: It is very important to configure the template as you like, adding and deleting the fields so that it suits your needs.
By default, the course days we have configured at a group level already appear to plan, but you can create new events easily with the + button on the weekly view.
Press the + button in the day you want to add a new event. Choose a title, date and hour. If you want this planning to repeat itself, press on “Don’t repeat” and choose between Daily, Weekly, Fortnightly or Monthly.
In the days you still haven’t written anything in the planning, the sections in the template are shown by default. When you write in a certain class or add some section, it automatically gets saved and you will not be shown the template anymore.
There are two types of sections: planning or follow up. The second ones have a colour background and, when you import the planning from another group they will not be imported, as they are considered to be used to write about topics related to the follow up of this specific class and that do not affect planning-wise. An example would be the students’ behaviour, the homework or the impressions of the day.
Editing the sections
You can modify the sessions as many times as you wish by pressing on their settings button. This button, shaped as a wheel, offers you the following features:
- Copy and paste the lesson to another session: This option allows you to copy the same lesson and paste it in another session. To paste it, press the right button of the mouse on the day you want, so that you get the option Paste. You can also Paste from the settings button of a new session.
- Editing the session: This option allows you to modify all the fields of the session you had previously entered, swiftly and easily.
- Delete the session: This option offers you two ways of deleting a session:
- Delete the session... and move the future lessons to the previous session: This option allows you to delete the day’s lesson and to let the following one advance one session. (For example: On Monday 9th May there is the lesson ADDITION and on Thursday 12th May the session SUBSTRACTION. With this option, you can delete the lesson ADDITION and the lesson SUBSTRACTION moves to Monday 9th).
- Deleting the session... and deleting the lesson: You will delete both the session and the lesson.
- Move to the right: This option offers you two different ways to move the lessons to the following session:
- Move all the lessons to the next session... and keep the current session: This option keeps the session created, but the lessons move to the next day you have a session.
- Move all the lessons to the next session... and delete the current session: In this case, the lesson moves to the following session, but the current session is deleted.
If you put the mouse on the session sections, a small screen will appear with the following features:
- Add resources (the clip): It allows you to attach the resources linked to the app (see tutorial: Add resources)
- Delete the section
- Copy the section
- Paste the section
In the units view all the sessions will appear one below the other, so that we can make a long-term planning and group them in units. When you select one of the sessions, as well as in the previous view, you can plan and modify.
Besides the view in sessions list format, the units view allows you to group different sessions by units. To create a new unit, you only have to select the option New Unit and choose a start date for this unit. The application automatically groups the sessions in the units according their date and the date of the next unit.
Units can also have their own planning, in which you can edit and modify the sections the same way that you do with sessions.
The general view feature is very similar to the feature inside a group. The only difference is that here all the sessions of all the groups can be viewed. Just as inside the group, you can view them by weeks or by units.
Also, you can export your planning to Excel: https://additioapp.zendesk.com/hc/es/articles/206768999-Export-all-data